Wake up! Change Begins With You!



There is so much happening every day.  For some, it may seem new, but not for me. I have lived through the Civil Rights Movement and I have seen it all before.  This does not make me complacent or even apathetic.  On the contrary, I find myself feeling the urgency of change.

As a black woman, injustice has been a common thread in my daily existence.  My mother never allowed me as a little girl to believe that I had to accept the injustice.  She showed me how to hold my head up high in any room.  She taught me the value of my voice.

When I think of that today, it takes me to the scriptures.  For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. 1 Peter 3:12 So many are feeling as though their voice isn't being heard because it doesn't matter to the powers that be.  Like me, you may be wondering when will change come?

Let me encourage you today! Change begins when you wake up and realize who you are! From walking the halls of schools in the south to commanding the halls of hospitals in Colorado, I took on the role of an agent of change.   I refused to be labeled and marginalized, and today, I refuse to accept the status quo. I'm a King's Kid! I am the child of the Most High God!

Man may overlook you because of your color or gender, but he cannot take your voice! He has no authority to push you aside.   God created you in his image, and that alone is enough to solidify your worth.  He took his time fashioning every part of you and his breath in your body is proof that you matter.

It's time to wake up! Change begins with you. Don't let this world silence you. God is listening!

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.  Psalm 18:1

Reaching the lost at any cost,
Pastor Dr. Odie Kennedy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atleast Say Thank You!

Going Stone Crazy!

Prayer Is Essential