The Heat is On!

 



Can you believe the way things are changing here in Colorado? Of course, if you have been here a week, you already know how quickly the weather can change. Yesterday, it was a gut-wrenching 100 degrees. It seemed like the heat was cooking me from the inside out and then tore a hole right through my clothes.  

When I think about the state of this world, I know that the heat is on. The enemy is trying every trick in the book to stop the believer from making Jesus his choice. He starts with what we think are random and harmless drops of anxiety, depression, and offense.  He is strategically placing people and things in our paths to cause us to stumble. That's not enough for him. He wants us to be utterly destroyed.  If you don't believe me, look at the legislature that contradicts the very word of God.  Look at the spirit of violence which has been released among us.  Look the worldwide anguish and wars.  In my lifetime, I have not witnessed so great a terror in the land as I do when I turn on the news each morning.  

I won't even get started on the battle we face in our homes.  We are not exempt. Our churches are under attack, and so are our children. It may be a harsh reality, but it's not the end of the story. The children of God need not fear the heat of the devil.  We serve the Almighty God. And because he is our refuge, we have a dwelling place of shade Psalm 91:1-2). What is that shade? It's the peace of God (Philippians 4:6). We have the right to take our cares to Our Father. In every situation, we can pray, and he will send peace.  God has given us security. In the face of the tactics of the devil, we can be of good courage. God has promised he would never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6). I think my favorite part of this walk with God is knowing that he loved me all the way to the cross! 

Yes, things are getting hard out here, but God is still in control. My life, and yours, is still in his capable hands.  When the devil tries to turn up the heat on you, turn it right back on him! Let him know that he is already defeated. Your God is in control!

 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10

Reaching the lost at any cost, 

Pastor Dr. Odie Kennedy

Photo: Mount Fiji Pixababy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atleast Say Thank You!

Going Stone Crazy!

Prayer Is Essential